As our bodies mature, the demand for nutritional support increases while our ability to make, absorb, and metabolize different nutrients—such as calcium and vitamins D and B12— decreases. Plus, taking certain prescription drugs can put us at greater risk for depletion of important nutrients such folic acid and vitamin C.
THE SOLUTION IS VITA-LEA GOLD Without Vitamin K
Backed by over 50 years of nutritional research and based on the most recent clinical studies, Vita-Lea Gold Without Vitamin K is a carefully designed multivitamin-multimineral supplement that contains essential vitamins and minerals mature adults need for comprehensive and balanced support of long-term health and vitality. This exclusive, scientifically advanced formula addresses the key health concerns for men or women over 50, including heart, bone, vision, and immune health. Vita-Lea Gold provides:
• 400% of the Daily Value of vitamin B12, a critical nutrient needed to produce healthy red blood cells for energy support, cognitive function, and heart health
• N-acetylcysteine, an amino acid that offers protection against free radical damage—a potential contributor to premature aging**
• More bone-building nutrients to preserve bone integrity,
• 2 times the calcium to support strong bones†*
• 2 times the vitamin D to support calcium absorption†
• 3 times the vitamin K to support bone metabolism and
• 6 times the boron to aid in the metabolism of vitamin
D and support bone development†
• More beta carotene, a natural, plant-based form of
vitamin A that plays an important role in vision, helps
regulate the immune system, and protects cells from
free radical damage†
• 10 times the biotin, a catalyst for energy production†
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM
• Who are interested in promoting long-term health
• Whose day-to-day diet is not always optimal
• Who are concerned about supporting immune function
and colon and heart health
• Who are looking for comprehensive nutritional support
for bone and vision health
• Who live an especially stressful lifestyle
HOW SHOULD IT BE USED?
• The recommended serving of Vita-Lea Gold is two
tablets daily, preferably with a meal
• Two formulas are available: one with vitamin K and,
for those who are taking blood-thinning medication
(anticoagulants), one without vitamin K
CLINICAL PROOF IN SUPPORT OF
Clinical research has shown that supplementing the diet with a multivitamin/multimineral that contains calcium and vitamin D can improve bone density more effectively than a calcium and vitamin D supplement alone. Bone remodeling associated with calcium and vitamin D may be accelerated in the presence of a vitamin and trace mineral complex.1**
The nutrients in Vita-Lea Gold® have been shown to support the immune system in healthy elderly adults.* This one-year clinical study demonstrates that multivitamin supplementation helped elderly participants maintain good health and the number of healthy, productive days over the course of a year.2*
Three months of multivitamin supplementation in college students who were asked to consume a nutritionally balanced, dietitiandesigned diet yielded significant increases in blood-nutrient levels within the normal range for vitamin B12, vitamin C, and folate, as well as significant decreases in the number of below-normal blood indicators of vitamin and iron status compared with the placebo group, which had no significant changes. These findings suggest that even those consuming dietitian-designed meals might still benefit from daily ingestion of a balanced multivitamin/multimineral supplement.3**
1. Calcium Nutrition and Skeletal and Alveolar Bone Health. Nutrition Report International,
1985. 31(3): p. 741-755.
2. Effect of Long-Term Vitamin-Mineral Supplements on Immune Response in Older Healthy
Adults. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 1998; 17:511 (abstract).
3. Multivitamin-Multimineral Supplementation: Effects on Blood Chemistries of College-Age
Women. International Journal of Vitaminology and Enzymology, 1985; 7(3-4), 217-222.
* Adequate calcium intake is important, but daily intake above 2,000 mg is not likely to provide any additional benefit.
**This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.